Baccarat is a unique game. It’s one that has proved very popular with high-rollers, poker players and blackjack professionals. But despite their preference for skill-based games, Baccarat is all about luck. It seems that even players who prefer games of skill and strategy like to push the boat out with a little luck-base play every now and then. And for most of those players, Baccarat is the game of choice.
What Makes a Good Baccarat Online Casino?
Selection is always key where good Baccarat casinos are concerned. There aren’t very many types of Baccarat out there. The best ones use Punto Banco, which essentially means «Player Banker» and refers to the fact that the players compete against the house.
Unlike poker and blackjack, where even the same variant can be presented in many different ways, there is really only one way to present Baccarat. So, you shouldn’t focus too much on many different variants.
Instead, you should be looking for casinos that offer Baccarat in the following three forms:
- Basic Baccarat: This basically means a virtual game of Baccarat that can be played at low stake levels. It is created with the majority in mind and the goal is simply to look nice, to move quickly and smoothly, and to offer decent house odds of around 5%. You should also make sure that it can be played through desktop software, through an instant-play casino and through a mobile casino. If it ticks all of those boxes then you will only need 1 game that fits the bill.
- Live Dealer Baccarat: The live dealer experience is not for everyone. Some players find that it is too slow. Some hate the queues. Some are frustrated by the other players, by the dealers or by the setup. However, many live dealer games add an extra dimension to a game the know and love and the best casinos will always have at least 1 live dealer version of Baccarat for you to play.
- High Roller Baccarat: This is by far the most popular high roller game in both offline and online casinos. If you visit the biggest casinos in the world and duck into their VIP rooms you will notice that more three-quarters of all card tables are there for games of Baccarat. Online, the numbers are even greater. So, while many players will never reach these heights and gamble for these stakes, it’s always good when a casino offers that option.
Using PayPal to Play Baccarat
PayPal has many benefits when used on online casinos and many more benefits when you use it to play online Baccarat.
- Instant Access: Many online casinos will let you sign-up using your PayPal account. It’s a one-step, one-click process and it means you can sign-up, deposit and start playing your games of choice in a matter of minutes.
- Currencies and Countries: Here in Australia, Baccarat is at its most popular. It is the second most popular payment method in the country after credit cards and debit cards. But it is also popular around the world. It can be used in many countries and in many currencies, and that’s key in this globalised industry.
- Speed: You need to wait days for most payment methods to press a withdrawal, but with PayPal payments can be processed instantly. If the casino initiates a withdrawal then it should be in your account within minutes, and if you process a transfer to your bank, it will be there just as quickly. The only wait involved is on behalf of the casinos, as some of the less desirable casinos out there like it slow and even stall the process.
- Big Money: If you are a high roller then you can take advantage of high limits on PayPal. It is also very safe, which gives you the peace of mind you need when dealing in such considerable currency. On top of that, PayPal tends not to charge fees for online gambling sites, while credit cards and other methods do. If you pay fees on high deposits and withdrawals then they can mount up fast as they are usually a percentage amount. So, it’s great to be able to avoid this.
Tips on Playing PayPal Baccarat
The first thing you should do is to make sure you get any and all available bonuses that the casino has. If you are a high roller Baccarat player, then don’t signup just yet. Get in touch with the casino, tell them your playing history and habits, let them know how much you plan on depositing and then ask if they can offer you anything.
Put pressure on them by telling them that a competitor offered a lot of money and they will likely offer you more. A single high roller can mean more than a thousand casual players, especially when they are playing high roller Baccarat, so they will do what they can to get you.
Another top tip is to take any concerns you have direct to PayPal. Their customer support used to be akin to pulling all of your teeth out and then eating salted chips. It was a nightmare. But these days their customer support matches their size and reputation.
The Best Baccarat Casinos
So, what are the best Baccarat casinos out there for Aussies using PayPal? Well, this is a constantly changing list. We did have it on display at one point, but we pulled it after some of the casinos at the top stopped being deserving of that position. We don’t want to recommend casinos that used to be good and are no longer good, so we removed all such lists.
Instead, you can now find links to the best Baccarat casinos on the homepage and the graphical ads displayed throughout this site. We update these every day and are constantly removing casinos with a bad reputation and casinos on the black list. So, whatever makes it onto these graphics is sure to be worth your time.